Saturday, September 8, 2012

Fashion Night Out, CT Style

 
 
Ya'll know that I have long been a believer that fashion and decor are closely linked together. The runway not only dictates fashion trends but also guides how colors, fabrics and styles will transcend into the home.  (Recall my guest post on little black door here...)
 
Well, last Thursday night, the hippest boutiques in my area of Connecticut celebrated in style with "Fashion's Night Out." They hosted guests for a night of fun, fancy drinks and a glimpse into what's in store for fall's styles.  
 
 
I attended the Kimberly Boutique fashion show and let me tellya...the atmosphere was as electric as their invite.  They had a dee jay.  They served tasty drinks in fancy martini glasses.  The seating was standing room only (does that  even make sense?  Let's just say--it was packed!)
  
Susan from Sight Eyewear
 The show debuted with this Tracy Reese Peplum Coat. What a stunner!!!  I had some fun and paired some interior views  that would match these fall clothes. 
 
I found the below room from Elle Decor on my favorite site Fashion Decor.  They described the interior as "smart, edgy and whimsical" at the same time.  I think this could be used to describe this Tracy Reese coat as well.   

Photo courtesy of Fashion Decor
Miu Miu 2012 RTW and Elle Decor
 Here are some other photos from the show along with my room pairings.  I'd describe this next look as refined, classic and timeless.   So I selected a modern yet classic room that spoke the same Tres chic! 


Courtesy of FashionDecor
Jean-Paul Gaultier and Houzz
Love these color choices for fall.  These are vibrant and hip.  The green and yellow had a bit of prepster to it.  Kimberly is fabulous for selecting styles that reflect the times with fun and energy


Courtesy of FashionDecor.com
Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2012 and Architectural Digest
M'oda'Operandi courtesy of FashionDecor.com
 
Kimberly Boutique partnered with another wonderful boutique in West Hartford center called Sight Eyewear which accessorized some of the models in the show with hip frames. 






 Iveta Guerrera, Dr. Melissa Russel Lambright (owner), Susan, Sandra Schell and Bridgette Margot.

Iveta Guerrera with Lucy Magnus
 
Many of Kimberly's clients were selected to be the models in the fashion show.  They had so much fun and their families turned out to cheer them on. 
 
 
 
 

Think geommetrical in wardrobe and home...

 
Courtesy FallDecor
Lela Rose Fall 2012 RTW andn Decorpad
This room from House Beautiful rocks the geo patterns and the blue shades from that fab wrap dress that Susan's wearing. 

Courtesy of House Beautiful

 
Think persimmon and chocolate. 
 
Courtesy Fashion Decor
Tibi Resort Wear and Houzz Style
 
 
 
 Dr. Melissa Lambright, Sight, rocking her fabulous eyewear from Tom Ford.  Yes, by night's end, she let me try them on myself...those cat eye frames are so fun...everyone was vying to try them on! 
 

Heather from Vivid Hue Home "steals" the cat eyes. 



 
Kimberly Moser, Owner of Kimberly Boutique (middle) (other guests unknown--sorry).  Kimberly threw a terrific event with a wonderful turn out.  If you happen to be in the West Hartford, Connecticut area you must visit Kimberly Boutique and Sight Eyewear.  


 

Heya I'm on pinterest too. Check me out here.
And now, I'm on TWITTER!  @vividhuehome




 

6 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Very clever post. Thoroughly enjoyed seeing the fashion alone side of the interiors.
Would you believe I just GAVE AWAY (goodwill) a dress that I've had for years that was identical to the blue/black/white geometrical wrap!!!!! How, how STUPID!!!!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That is my idea of a fun night out! How do I send you an email?

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

@Patty! haha, just when you get rid of something, it comes right back into style!

@Linda, you can email me at hgrahling@gmail.com

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Great post! Love the fashion mixed with the decor. Its funny how it goes hand in hand. Looks like a fun night out.

Unknown said...

Great post, Vivid Hue! What a fun night that was! Thanks for showing me in a photo! See you soon!

Kim said...

What a fun night! Love the fashion/home tie in. So true. And really we just keep going round and round and round ... and it is so fun to see things again ... new and fresh as if we've never seen them before! xo