Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Sunroom in the Summer


It's no secret that my sun room is one of my favorite rooms in my house.  It's been shown in many posts on my blog and even on House of Turquoise (Thank you Erin)!  But it recently occurred to me, that the only photos I have posted of this bright and chipper room have been from the dreary winter months when no leaves were on our trees. So today, I have decided to share updated images of the room from this summer.  They're a little more warm and cheerful

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Check back to my original post here for sources and more dialogue on how the room came together.  


Also, I did finally purchase a Massimo Vitali and it's getting framed as we speak!!!  (See the one I purchased here).    I'll post photos of the walls as soon as i get it up and hanging! 

Lastly, remember how I was excited to hang the Meg Braff wallpaper in here (see photo of it in the room here)?  I've changed my mind again.  I want to keep the tranquil blue walls and blue ceiling in the sun room.  I have another place for the Kelly Green Meg Braff wallpaper and I'm in negotiations with my husband, EG, to let me order the paper! 
 
You're invited to tour the rest of my house at any time! 

Check out the other items in my house that I've found on a budget here! 




Heya I'm on pinterest too. Check me out here.


And now, I'm on TWITTER! @vividhuehome

17 comments:

Lisa Mende Design said...

Heather I love your room! It makes me happy every time I look at it! You have great fun things in that room and I adore that Meg Braff Wallpaper too!!!! We def love the same colors!!!!

Unknown said...

Heather, I LOVE this room!!! I want to come over to your house right now and sit on your couch with a sparkling glass of vino and just take it all in. I mean, seriously, the colors or so amazing and happy. I am not able to located the MV print you've scored. That is AWESOME!! So thrilled to have found you via LBD. If you have not already, I would LOVE for you to come check me out at the Queen City Style!
Fondly, Whitley Adkins Hamlin
www.thequeencitystyle.com
(ps--since it's mainly a fashion blog, I do have my DIY gallery on there including my living room reveal... would love for you tot take a look ... LOTS of color! ;)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Heather your room is spectacular! I would spend every moment in that room. Excellent job.

Kurby said...

Love this room and always love sitting here with coffee or vino when I visit.Be sure to share pictures when one of your many Christmas trees goes up in this room a well. Can't wait to see the MV - hopefully the frame shop will get that back to you before the holidays!

C.A. @ How To Be A Heroine said...

SOOOO pretty! Those side tables have inspired me to finally get on my console table project (which involved white spray paint and nail heads).

The Pink Pagoda said...

Your sunroom is AMAZING! Do you just live in there? I would want to!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love how bright and happy it feels. You did such a great job!

Beau lifestyle said...

Wow, i am super impressed, your sunroom looks like a dream!
I saw your sweet comment and was curious about your blog and voila...I am now also your latest follower!
xoxoxo Chantal

Angie K. said...

Love seeing your gorgeous room again!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Don't ever let me come over to your house. I would never leave! :)

Lil' Momma said...

Hard to choose in your house, but this is one of my favorite rooms, too. I love the Jonathan Adler bird on the table and all the new decorative touches you've added.

Leif Clancy said...

I’m with you here. I absolutely love your sunroom! The place looks vibrant and bright, especially the combination of colors. But what I love the most is the red chandelier at the middle of the room. It gives an interesting contrast with the mint blue and green sunroom. It adds some bold color to the place. Overall, the place looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

We just moved out of a house with a pretty sunroom in blue like yours and I'm thinking I made a mistake - but maybe from time to time I'll just gaze at yours! The new house has its advantages, but that room is so nice...

Lilia Ogata said...

I cannot blame you for having some favorites. The space is seriously gorgeous! The patterns, colors and the pieces go well together, creating a lovely combination. But the star of the room is definitely the chandelier! The lighting fixture gives some much needed rustic charm to the space, making it more interesting.

Waldemar Bureau said...

The lively colors enhanced the room’s design, and even complemented the lush garden outside. You also did a great job of making the room appear wider. The windows go pretty well with the overall look of the room. I was thinking if you installed a glass door, the whole look will even be classier. :)

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

Hi! I found your blog via Eclectically Vintage and instantly fell in love with this room. I've checked out your other rooms and they are all great!

Unknown said...

Will you tell me the color and maker (Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams, etc.) of the turquoise walls in your sunroom? I love the color!