Thursday, July 26, 2012

Lillian August Field Trip

I started my week with a fun day trip to Lillian August in Norwalk (more here)  to throw around some design ideas for my guest bedroom.  I've been working with Lynne Methot and she's such a great designer who always listens to my outlandish ideas about molding colors and textures and patterns and hues.  She's got a brilliantly subtle way of encouraging me to push the limits while also trying to maintain some traditional style that will have some longevity

As you recall, before I set out on this trip, I was all gung-ho about using Meg Braff's Up in a Tree Bamboo wallpaper in that guest bedroom.  I wanted to go for a certain shock factor...something that may make my guests think, "holy crap...you didn't wallpaper your entire room in green trees and paint your ceiling orange sherbet strips and think I would actually fall asleep in here?" 

OK, so sometimes I get carried away by the super stylistic rooms featured on pinterest (see my pinterest here).  Within the first minutes of our meeting, Lynn casually suggested..."How would that Meg Braff look in your sunroom?"

UPDATE:  (PSSSSSST--we interupt this post to announce that Pink Pagoda has just announced on her blog that Meg Braff will be on OKL tonight! )


contemplated for a moment.  Hmmm.  I hadn't thought of that.  Why hadn't *I* thought of that?  I love the idea of the teal blue and the pea green...it's a combination already played out in there in the rug and the sitting chairs and the sofa. 


Obviously, that's why I am not am official designer. I'm just ballsy enough at times to "act" like I know what I'm doing.  Only I lack the true skill to take that extra step and figure out how to best apply it.  That's where Lynne comes in.  What a great idea.  And I know you are secretly breathing a sigh of relief that you don't have to work around such a bold paper!  (hey, there's always the next room. Kidding)


<><> <><>
Nina Campbell Orchard Blossom
Introducing the new direction for the guest room.  Oh...don't loose faith in me now.  I promise this is not going to be a snooze-fest!  Remember that velvet ottoman with the fuchsia, orange, violet colors?  That's still in this room.  We plan to create a vintage meets modern feel in the room.  And I must admit, this wallpaper has much more of a bedroom feel to it.  More tomorrow on my visit with Lynne! 




3 comments:

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

Oh my goodness- I love the wallpaper dearly and and the direction you are headed- of course love the old-Meets new theme is right up my alley lol! My neighbor is an interior designer and she always takes me places that I wouldn't go myself.(see my calypso post) I have featured Linda'a home as well.Thanks for following!

CA @ How To Be A Heroine said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! I can't wait to see how things turn out. Very exciting indeed! I want you to come stay at my house and help me inject some serious bold glamour. We may have to get my husband drunk first. LOL

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

C.A., we'll get your hubby drunk then pull out the greek key fabric, gold leaf spray paint and everything else we can think of for a DIY project. haha