Sunday, July 28, 2013

Meet Blaze and Bloom


 
I am thrilled to share an exciting event I went to this weekend in good ole Hartford, Connecticut.  No, that's not a typo...I actually meant HARTFORD! 
 
Blaze and Bloom opened it's new showroom in a hip and artsy location in downtown Hartford this weekend.  They sell vintage and re purposed furniture and home accessories. 
 
Blaze and Bloom is the mastermind of four lovely ladies: Tracey George, Julie Jones, Jennifer O'Connell, and Katie Wickham who, up until now, have sold their brilliant specialty items at Brimfield and special events around the Connecticut area.   They are now permanently situated at
50 Bartholomew Avenue, Hartford, CT
 
You'll drool when you see the items I spotted during my visit:
 
 
 
I fell in love with this mid-century dresser.  The teak drawers were restored to their original finish with the outer edges of the dresser painted a fresh white.  It was such a fun contrast and for only $275 I considered it for my guest bedroom makeover.  But, alas, I passed because I'm not ready to make up my mind yet. 
 
 
We were welcomed with a fresh pitcher of lemonade with mint leaves. Yum. 
 
 
The showroom is located in a loft warehouse type building.  It has a ton of character.  And they have further decorated with whimsical accessories that enhance the space.   There was so much eye-candy that I circled the space multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything. 
 



 
 I wish I'd had a home for this nautical chair pair.  These rattan chairs had a cheery navy and sailing print paired with a bright mod flowered fabric. 



I loved this sunshine yellow cabinet with the quirky wallpapered backing.  It would be fantastic in a dining room or a kitchen holding cookbooks. 




These pillows just popped with character.  I went home with the fuchsia and tangerine pillow with the grosgrain ribbon trim.  Some of the pillows were trimmed with cable stitch sweater patches.  Others had remnants of men's ties.  They were all vibrant and cheery and I wish I could have purchased them all for a sofa or bedroom.

 
 Lucy scored the 'love' pillow for her office / guest bedroom we've been working on!  Love it and it's got a wonderful tweed backing. 
 






 


This little chair was miniature and the cushion was made from men's ties.  Wonderfully unique and would look fantastic sitting in the corner of a men's dressing area or study. 
 
 

This 5 drawer chest was a fire engine red with a distressed finish.  Four of the drawers had chalkboard panels added to the fronts so the owner could label the inside contents. 


 
They also had unique jewelry and handbags to accessorize an outfit.  Loved this necklace!


These letters sent a great marketing message to shoppers upon entering the marketplace.  I know I had no problem buying items...my problem was limiting myself! 
 

Here are the items I managed to score during my excursion this weekend:

1. The fuchsia and tangerine pillow for $55.  I absolutely LOVE the pop of pink.  It ties in the pink chair in the room (see here). 


2.  A new Crane for my Master Bedroom!  This tall beauty was the first thing I spotted when I walked into Blaze and Bloom and my heart raced with excitement to snatch it up in time!  I absolutely love cranes.  I already have two on my nightstand (see here) and I knew I'd find a home for this additional guy.  I paid $35. 


3. And, Lucy's "Love" pillow found it's way into the office/ guest bedroom that we've been working on. 



Blaze and Bloom will be opening monthly and for appointments.  Their inventory is constantly changing and they are gearing up for a big launch party in the fall.  If you are interested in seeing the space or being invited to the monthly openings, please call or email Julie Jones.

Contact information:  Julie Jones phone 860-888-2087 | email blaze.bloom@yahoo.com

And of course I'd suggest ya'll follow them on their social media outlets:

Follow Blaze and Bloom Facebook

Follow Blaze and Bloom Pinterest

Check out Blaze and Bloom on Etsy Here!



Do you see anything in particular that you just love? 

If you're new to my blog, please follow me on google connect, and all of my social outlets too!  I'd just love it!  Thanks ya'll




8 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

What a treasure filled place!!!
The crane....well you scored there!!!

SHERRY HART said...

Boy...I wish I could take a truck up to that store! So much good stuff!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

What a great store! I bet it is dangerous going there too many good things.

Unknown said...

what a fun store. must add this to our list next time I visit. love the crane!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

I love those kind of shops! Looks like you got some cute stuff too!

Katherine said...

In Hartford? I can't believe it! I look forward to checking it out! I always appreciate tips on good local places to score unique finds!

Kelly said...

What a fun spot to shop! Love those nautical chairs!
Kelly @ View Along the Way

Jessie said...

What a fun store! Love the items you scored!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com