Monday, August 12, 2013

Spaces | Kennebunkport, ME 2013 + Instagram


I have been pretty radio silent on the blog lately.  I apologize but I have a good reason...I've been on vacay relaxing.  That, and I have also been using my Instagram like crazy to document my daily eye-candy. 

Follow Vivid Hue Home on Instagram here
If you already follow me on Instagram, then you know that I went to Kennebunkport with the family last week.  We've been going here every summer for the past five years.  I love everything about it.  You can catch up on previous posts about my experiences here:

 


This year, EG knew I could use a much needed break from the kiddos so he took them on the Lobster Boat Cruise solo and freed me up to spend the morning hitting some of the antique shops and stores and I love the most. 

My first stop, of course, my absolute favorite home accessories and design spot:

Spaces in Kennebunkport.  Located at 127 Ocean Ave, Kennebunkport, ME 04046 (Phone)  207- 967-0040

courtesy of Spaces.com

The second I walked into the store, I spotted these terrific Asher Market alpaca throws.  I would love the Magenta Asher Market Throw for my Master bedroom.  (What a perfect Christmas present.  Hint, hint, EG...and what do ya know...you can purchase online here).   Also, I made a collage below so ya'll can see just how lovely this throw would  look coordinating with my ottomans. 



Moving on...
It never fails that Spaces always carries a terrific inventory of Roberta Roller Rabbit products.  From fabulously colored tunics to excellent bedding and accessories.  (More on Roberta Freymann here)  

Love the gorgeous patterns and colors! 


 
And the Roberta Roller Rabbit bedding is just as fabulous!  (far left)


Here is more Roberta Roller Rabbit bedding (this photo is not from within the Spaces store but it gives you an idea of the terrific patterns and colors she carries).  Photo courtesy of Meet Me In Philadelphia  

Check out tunics, bedding and accessories on the Roberta Roller Rabbit site

Photo courtesy Meet Me In Philadelphia Blog



One of the things I love most about Spaces is that every ounce of the store is filled with wonderful accessories and patterns and decor.  Here are a few of the other savory items I found on my visit... 

I was digging these mason jars with the star burst tops!  Fun for a summer party, especially with those striped straws. 

Amazing decorative pillows by Nandini, Pehr, John Robshaw, Christen Maxwell, and more!  (purchase here)

 Burst of colorful frames

This little stool was brushed in a hot pink finish and would be adorable in the corner of the room or as a footstool. 


  One can never have too many summer clutches.  These are fun and I'm into the pink and navy lately! 



I left the store with many ideas flooding through my head, but no purchases.  I was obsessed about that alpaca throw bout I wanted to make sure I would match in my master bedroom before purchasing.  Now that I'm back home in Connecticut and have held the photo up in the room itself, I'm obsessed with asking for this for Christmas.  (I'm sure you'll see me passed out blue in the face from holding my breath before that lil throw is under the tree). 
 
 
Stay tuned for other stores that I was able to hit on my kid-less morning.  From here on out, they were mostly antique stores! 
 
For a sneak peek, hop on over to my Instagram
 
Otherwise, I'll see ya back here very soon!  It's nice to be back. 
 


7 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I had a great virtual vacation with you thanks to Instagram! :)

Andrea said...

Kennebunkport is on my bucket list, what a fun vacation! And Spaces looks AMAZING! Thanks for the virtual shopping spree!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I want to go there, all of those places! I am going to obsess over all the Roberta Roller Rabbit stuff now :)

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

What a fun town. A few years ago, we drove around on our way back to Boston, from Maine. Wish we had stayed longer.

Karena said...

Heather, it sounds like a great trip!
I love the store Spaces and all they carry!! I will have to check them out online!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer Series

Unknown said...

Oh boy, I'd go crazy in there, and the Blaze and Bloom store..so fabulous! I love seeing your trip since I've never been in New England. Thanks for sharing, it looks like a blast.
xo Nancy

Kim said...

I have loved seeing your instagram photos! Kennebunkport is one of our favorite places and you captured it beautifully! Glad you got a little "me" time while there!! xo