Friday, November 22, 2013

Gray Malin: Bring 'Gray Skies" My Way!


I am completely obsessed with Gray Malin. 

Gray is an extremely talented photographer with a background in marketing that has used his talent in both areas to catapult his career to severe heights.  He's a native of Dallas, Texas who was working at Paramount Pictures in Los Angeles after attending Emerson College.  In 2009, he decided to quit his job at Paramount and focus on selling his photography at the flea market every Sunday. 



But this wasn't just any ole flea market, this was the internationally famous Melrose Fairfax Flea Market in Los Angeles.  Gray diligently marketed his work to market goers and caught the interest of interior designers, celebrities, gallery owners and art lovers.  Once you see his work, I think you'll fall in love too. 

I originally fell in love with his series called "The Dolce Vita" where Gray and his team traveled through the Italian Riviera in an attempt to recapture the glamour of the 1950's and 60's era.  The resulting photos remind me so much of Massimo Vitali's work, and ya'll know how much I adore him!  

A La Plage Series Photo By Christina Lilly





Since then, I've discovered additional collections from Gray Malin, including 'A La Plage, A La Piscine.'   Gray's team traveled to beaches around the world in North America, Central and South America, Australia, Asia and Africa and photographed from the sky in doorless helicopters down onto the beach scenes below.   The result is a beautiful collection. 




Biondi Beach from Gray Malin



Gray's work has been featured on many prominent galleries and can also be found on One King's Lane occasionally.  It's also possible to purchase prints directly from the Maison Gray | The House of Gray website here.   Multiple sizes are available.  The prints are editioned, signed and in limited quantities.  Prices are reasonable.  (For example, if purchased directly from the Gray Maison website they start at $300 for a 19' x 17' up to $3,500 for 66' x 44').  Prints are unframed. 

I've seen excellent prices on One King's Lane for framed prints ($300-$500) for a smaller sized print.  Keep your eyes peeled. 

This is definitely going on my holiday wish list!



And as if it couldn't get any better, Gray also makes wallcovering.  And let me assure you, it's to die for.  I'll feature that in another post soon.  The dude isn't even thirty and already going places.

All photos courtesy of the Gray Malin website unless otherwise noted. 

  Cheers!  Heather | Vivid Hue Home



3 comments:

Pink and Green Mom said...

Love Gray's work. I just purchased one of his Prada Marfa prints a month ago!

Andrea said...

Oh, wow! I love his work, thank you so much for the introduction!! So fabulously retro chic!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Carrie said...

I love his work too!!! The La Dolce Vita collection is my absolute favorite!! :)