Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Antiques on Nine: Kennebunkport Maine

As ya'll know, I recently returned from family vacation in Kennebunkport.  One morning EG took the kids on a lobster boat cruise and gave me a few hours to myself to hit as many antique stores as I could manage. 

One of my newest favorite discoveries is Antiques on Nine.  It's about 12,000 square feet of antiques, and new and unique home accessories.  It includes fine paintings and high end accessories.  It also has affordable home accents and garden accessories.  It encompassed just about desirable home accessory item that I covet.  I spent hours in this space.  I am not kidding you.  Hours.

I walked through this space like a museum.  Taking everything in.  And then I circled back around again.  And I enjoyed every last minute of it! 

Here are some of the things I found on my journey:




 
 



 
 

Antiques on Nine is located on 81 Western Ave, Kennebunk, ME 04043-7301 | Phone 207. 967. 0626


I purchased a handful of the colorful European looking boxes to style on a dresser top.  I also got an hour glass time keeper with turquoise colored sand (not pictured).   I was *dying* to purchase the pagoda bird cage but, in the end, I really couldn't figure out where I'd put it in my house...so it stayed behind.  I always wanted one of those vintage water pitchers, but I could see it being hurled by my kids onto the floor and decided to wait until they're a bit older to purchase something like that for styling on a dresser. 

For more of my excursions in Kennebunkport, visit here

Spaces  |   H.B. Provisions  |  White Barn Inn  |  Spaces 2012 |  
 
 
 






7 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Love going on vacations as you did. Experiencing shops that are not the standard chains is so much fun. Finding different, beautiful accessories is truly FUN!

Karena said...

Hi Heather.
Love everything I see! Being a Pillow "Collector" I loved seeing the great assortment with many fun and bright styles!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Designer Series

Kim said...

those boxes are beautiful ... so glad you got several!! Cannot wait to go to this shop!! xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

So many good things, all in one place! Those pitchers were so pretty, but I'm with you they wouldn't last long in my house either. :)

Unknown said...

This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.

Bathtub reglazing nj
Bathroom tile refinishing

Andrea said...

What a fabulous shop! I want that crab!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

The Governors Daughter said...

this bright pillows make me want to sew more for my home, along with the other 34 projects I have waiting to do:)