Wednesday, October 30, 2013

ORC: Week 5 Guest Bedroom Makeover


 Welcome back to the One Room Challenge!  By this time, most of ya'll probably know that this is Week 5 of the 6 week makeover challenge.  Each week all of the participating bloggers have been posting our progress on our room transformations...next week is the final reveal. 

If you're just joining, please feel free to catch up on Vivid Hue Home's Guest Bedroom progress from  previous weeks here: 


Week 1   |  Week 2    |  Week 3     |  Week 4   |  Week 5  |  Week 5 1/2  | Final Reveal
 

I've built an awful lot of hype around the Turquoise Urchin Chandelier for this room.  I had considered making everyone wait until week six to view the light actually hanging.  Instead, I'm giving ya'll a peak of how it looked in the room earlier this week...sorry for the shoddy photo.  This was taken for my electrician from my iphone.  His wife wanted to see what all the hype was about so I took a quick snapshot to email him.   Room is in disarray and still in progress.  But, what do you think of the light? 





I've had to revisit my idea to trim the room with ribbon nail head trim.   That Petersham ribbon I ordered in August is not shipping any time soon so I cancelled the order this week.  I've got so much going on in this room now anyway that I don't need it. 


So what did I do instead?  I found this pom pom fringe with this great border and I paid for expedited shipping (from Taiwan) so I can see how it might look on the drapes.  I may just leave them alone.  I don't want it to look like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory in here!  I'll assess when I receive it. 

 
I found this fuchsia chair at Home Goods and it adds a pop of color in the corner. 
 
 
 
I'm also throwing together a gallery wall.  That wasn't planned but I think it's necessary.  I found a great quote print from One King's Lane that reminded me of my lil Vivster. 
 
 
 Since this "guest room" is technically where Vivi sleeps, I want to make the space hers, too.  I have picked out artwork and quotes that will add a little "Vivi feel" to the room. 
 
I am also starting to stage like crazy.  Sure, there are only two nightstands and a dresser in this room.  But a final reveal is all about presentation, baby.   These herons are my faves.  They'll be in the room someplace. 
 
In the meantime, this week was a busy week, and not all ORC-related--which means I'll have to kick it into high gear for the final stretch!    Last weekend I escaped Connecticut for a weekend getaway without the kids.  My husband and I went to a wedding for a great friend in NYC. 


I found these fabulous shoes in NYC to go with my dress for the wedding. 

 
Mor Mor and Grandpa came into town to spend time with the kids.
 

 
My little guy, Jack, turned seven years old!


And I did a guest post over at DesignPost Interiors for Beth's "Take Two" series.  Read here.


Check back next week for the FINAL reveal of the guest bedroom! 

In the meantime, visit  the other participants from the One Room Challenge. 

And, as I always say, I also love to have new followers, so if you'd like to follow me on my journey, you can follow me by Google Friend Connect or by email delivery, just look over on the left hand side, and/or follow me on any of the other social media outlets as well. I like to meet new friends and will follow you back!


32 comments:

Stacey said...

Love, love the light! The pink chair is rocker chic! Love the pop against the colour of the wall! Great pics of your getaway too:-). Here's to getting our rooms done this week!! xx

Jessie said...

Wow! The light fixture is super chic! Love your room a lot, the colors, textures and style are right up my alley, can't wait to see it styled and photographed next week! I bet it will be even more gorgeous!

Happy Belated Birthday to Jack. My little guy is also 7 years old! You really look like you mom, by the way. :)

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, Heather that light is AMAZING!! I understand the hype. I just know your guest room is going to be stunning. Can't wait for the big reveal.

SHERRY HART said...

Heather.....that light fixture is pretty damn awesome. And I can't believe you found the perfect pink chair. Love the shoes you found in NYC:)

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

All that pink is great and , YES, to the chandelier.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

What a fabulous week for you! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the light. It's even better than I imagined!

Improvement List said...

Just love the colors in this room. And I love that quote...it is something my youngest would say. And those shoes are awesome!

Unknown said...

That chandelier is sensational, really, I love it Heather! Youve been so busy and looking so glamourous! Love the Vivster and happy bday to Jack. See you next week, good luck!
xo Nancy

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Taiwan? I know there is a story there. Love the chandelier, the pink chair, and the quote. Looks like you are in the home stretch.

A room with a view said...

It looks stunning! I love the fuchsia chair with the blue/green throw on it - gorgeous combination. The quote is perfect for a kids' room. Happy birthday to Jack!

Kim said...

I understand the hype! the chandelier is fantastic! You have been busy, busy ... and I know your little one is going to love "her" room!! xo

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

You've got the whole ORC world hooked with your light! I think I may love the shoes just a little bit more though!

Unknown said...

Of course the light fixture is just to die for, but loving the pop of pink you are adding. This room is going to be a stunner!

Junell said...

That is def Chandy Crack ~ Swooning. The pink chair makes me gaga! It is delightful & that quote is spot on! Shoe frenzy for sure!

Unknown said...

That fixture is a work of art! Can't wait to see the finale!

Ashley @ The Houston House said...

Love the shoes!! And the room is so fun!

Eris @ The Pink House Reno said...

That fuschia chair and that chandelier are gorge!

Patty Rumaker said...

Your light looks fantastic. I adore that chair you found. And those shoes!! Looking forward to next week.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

House of Pemberley said...

That light is swoonable. If that's not a word, it should be. You're so amazing! I cannot wait to see the reveal.

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

love, love it!!! The chandy looks amazing up there! wao! and that pink chair is so good!! You looked beautiful at the wedding!!

mrs. V | Chez V said...

Those shoes!!! Oh wait, this isn't about shoes. That chandy! And chair!

Vel Criste said...

Wow! you have been a busy bee!!!! I can't blame you for showing off that gorgeous lighting, it is truly phenomenal!!!!! Have to find a place where I could put one of that someday! Your shoes are so chic too, you and your hubs look perfect! Happy birthday to Jack too!!!!!

Jessica said...

I love that blue and green throw on the pink chair! That chandelier looks as great as we all knew it would; can't wait for the final reveal!

Andrea said...

That chandelier is to die for!!! Your room is looking FANTASTIC, Heather!! I cannot wait for the final reveal!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

both the light and that hot pink chair rock! you go girl!

Raina Cox said...

I can tell already that room is going to be burning up Pinterest next week.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I think the chandy is perfection. And I love the trim! Damn those other trim people. Who the hell can't deliver ribbon within three months?

Anonymous said...

Well, the chandelier of the ORC definitly does not disappoint! Awesome! Can't wait to see everything next week!

Unknown said...

Still obsessing over the chandelier. It's divine!

The Pink Pagoda said...

I'm pretty much dying over that chandelier. And the pink chair -- OH MY GOODNESS!! I can't wait to see this finished. Oh and the paint color!! So gorgeous!

Florescaroly said...

Leading Carpet Cleaner in Ocala are trained to use multiple carpet cleaning methods. Because of this and customer demand we offer our customers more options than most other carpet cleaners; steam carpet cleaning which dries in 4 to 8 hours and our deep scrub carpet cleaning which dries in just one hour.

Julia Ryan said...

such a fun space! It's awesome!