Friday, March 28, 2014

Easter Tree Decor


We're celebrating spring in Connecticut regardless of the temperatures outside!  We put our Easter tree up this week to add a dash of spring and celebration to the house. 


I discovered these faux plaster eggs while on a trip to Walmart for pedialyte.  (Stomach bug is making the rounds in our house this week, too).  I thought they would be the best thing since Trina Turk pillows but they were a bit difficult to work with (literally kept them each in the dye for 4+ hours to get this hue to stick).  But, I love the outcome and plan to add a dash of gold paint for a finishing touch.


Here are our ornaments this year.  A tar-jay special and each ornament is a painted wood miniature of a lamb, a fox, a bee, a chicken.  Adorbs. 





Hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

If you follow my instagram, then you've already seen these photos.  If you don't, please follow here

4 comments:

Carrie said...

So cute! I have to get on this soon. Where did you find your cherry blossom branches?

Vel Criste said...

Really cute, just finished my Easter decorating too. :-)

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

This makes me hopeful. Spring has to come eventually...right?

Unknown said...

Whoa! I never have seen such amazing idea! I have one in my studio cabin, but not as beautiful as yours. I love the idea of pink, a welcome beauty of a spring! Attractive!

Sebastian of
Gazebo and Bali Hut Super Store