Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Meg Finally Gets a Mirror!

 

Ya'll may recall that I added the Meg Braff wallpaper to my mudroom this summer and I was psyched to spruce it it up!  I'd had my eye on the Meg Braff Up in a Tree wallpaper for some time but I wasn't sure where to put it in my home.  Finally, I settled on the mudroom and was thrilled with the result. 

Only...after the paper was added, I have been so nervous to add anything else to the walls because I've wanted to make sure it would be "just right."

I *almost* purchased a navy pagoda mirror from One King's Lane for $500 but never pulled the trigger because it just didn't seem right. 

Well today, on a whim, I was shopping around TJ Maxx...I spotted a white mirror for $39.99.   Don't ask me why today...but I decided to buy the $39 mirror and tack holes into the paper!  I've waited long enough. 

I may still paint the mirror a lacquered navy but, for now, I'm going to sit with it as white. 

What do you think? 

Keep it white?  Or paint it navy?

PS--You see the turquoise door in the background?  I'm contemplating painting that a glossy navy too (so mirror and door would all match).  Ah...things are always changing!

But I am very happy to score the mirror for such a great price. 

Thoughts and comments welcome! 

Any other ideas of what to add to the other walls?  I've been terrified to put any holes into the paper but now that the first ones have been done, it's sort of freeing! 

xoxo  |  Heather  | Vivid Hue Home





12 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

I love this so much! I'd leave it white for now. So so pretty!

Kim said...

Love it ... leave it white ... looks fantastic with the pop of turquoise in the mirror!! xo

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Looks fab dear! I think I'd keep it white...for now at least. :)

Reagan Geschardt said...

I think I'd lacquer it navy and maybe leave door? Ever thought about painting all the molding a color too just in that mud room. Either to blend in with paper or navy? Then you'd have to paint the door navy too. Hmmm maybe even paint the ceiling?! I need to go back and look at the rest of the home and the space again. Wonder what Ms. Braff would do?!

Reagan Geschardt said...

I think I'd lacquer it navy and maybe leave door? Ever thought about painting all the molding a color too just in that mud room. Either to blend in with paper or navy? Then you'd have to paint the door navy too. Hmmm maybe even paint the ceiling?! I need to go back and look at the rest of the home and the space again. Wonder what Ms. Braff would do?!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the mirror and what a SCORE!!! I would keep it white and door as is - it is so fresh and wallpaper is full of character. I see some fun resin accents in the room and maybe even a fun all white wreath on door. Love it! Xoxo - Kurby

Karena said...

Heather I adore your choices and as an artist, your use of vibrant color palettes! The sun room is fab. Love the chairs in that gorgeous blue. ? Where do you get your pillows. I love to change out pillows for a fresh look.

$39 for that great mirror. I might leave it white in case you ever move it to another area. That said navy is a favorite of mine. It just looks very crisp with the green paper as it is.

Bravo!

Love and Hugs,
Karena

Art by Karena

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

It looks clean and crisp white! But I totally get into a navy frame too. I'd keep it white for a bit and paint it in a month or 2, have your cake and eat it too!

Andrea said...

What a find! I love the white. And the turquoise door looks amazing! Navy would be beautiful too, but it is fantastic just the way it is! :)

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Paint it...but don't ask me what color. Although, navy would be top of my list.

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

If you paint the mirror, yes, do it in Navy and do the door also.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Love it! It looks great with the wallpaper....my vote is leave it white!