Tuesday, July 27, 2021

VHH Main Bedroom Tour


 It's probably no surprise that my bedroom is filled with bright colors and patterns.   The  current design is a result of my adding layer after layer over the years.   

My favorite elements in the main bedroom are the fireplace, tray ceiling and separate his/her closets and bathrooms.  I have spent many cool mornings with the fireplace turned on while sipping my coffee and watching tv.  It's a special addition to the room!  

The tray ceiling gives the room the illusion of additional height and architectural interest.  We added dimming lights around the perimeter of the ceiling and it projects a soft mood when all other lights are off.  

The his/ her bathrooms were a suggestion by my husband (now ex) when we were building the home.  He really loved the idea of having his own getting ready space.  I embraced the idea and designed his bathroom with a metropolitan modern masculine feel and my bathroom with more of a French country feminine feel.  




The drapes and chevron teal rug have been in my room from day one (2010).  When I decided to update my duvet cover a few years later, I actually selected a design that specifically incorporated these shades.  The duvet is custom by Cotton & Quill in their Runnin Wild design from the Art Deco Collection.    

The chairs by my fireplace are one of my favorites.  They are Society Social's Duchess accent chair with a glam gold frame upholstered in a royal blue modern gingham check (also exclusive to Society Social).  These chairs were in the Vivid Hue shop for a spell until Annie, my shop manager, mentioned how fabulous they would be in my bedroom.  

Pondicherry Headboard by Serena & Lily | Melon Side Table Lamps designed by Meg Caswell as part of her collaboration with Couture Lamps | Nightstand Tables by Bungalow 5 | Chevron Rug by Serena & Lily







The hallway that leads to my closet and bathroom has a long floor length mirror that I use daily to assess my outfits before leaving the house!  After my divorce, I decided to fully embrace the idea of renovating my closet and making it very fun and bright!  I think I accomplished that!  ha.  See my post about the closet renovation here.  



Here is a snap shot of the "his" bathroom.  




And here is the "hers" bathroom.  I used to day dream about wallpapering this bathroom in a palm beach print but I actually like it all white because so much of my home is filled with colors!  



Hope you enjoyed the main bedroom tour!  Please check back for additional posts as I share tours from the other rooms in my home.  

xoxo Heather 










No comments: