Sunday, April 28, 2013

Target Playdate: A day of accessorizing




This week I had a day home with my four year old pip squeak, Vivi.  We took a trip to Target and it turned into quite the Target play date.  We managed to create a few DIY projects  and have some fun at the same time.

  Here's my partner in crime...


And here are some of the things we found to help accessorize our house, including some fun Nate Berkus accents for the mudroom makeover...


 Here's the Accent Stool with the wood bench.  See how we transformed it here


These Threshold Bolster Pillows had plans for Jack's room...I thought they were on clearance for $16 a pop but then scanned them and they're still $25.  Still not bad, but I was already loading the cart up with other finds.  So these babies went back on the shelves until they get marked down. 


Vivi says "See ya Suckers..."




We discovered this cool looking sea urchin spiky thing ($9.99). Nate Berkus is totally rocking his accessories for Target.  I immediately thought about the console table in the mudroom. It would be fun to paint it in a hot pink color to add a pop of color.



And the Nate Berkus dark navy pineapple urn has a lot of character ($24.99).  I thought I could find a place for it against the green Meg Braff wallpaper in the mudroom.  
 
And here's a sneak peek of some of these items in the mudroom next to the Kelly Wearstler-esque lamps that inspired the entire makeover.   They're sitting on the console table from West Elm and I have ordered the benches from Linens & Things.  I'll post photos once everything is in place! 
 
 
Have you had great luck with Target finds in your home?  I love to find a bargain and mix bargains with more expensive items.  I find that it's silly to spend bigger bucks on accessories because so many designers are making cool looking things for less these days. 
 
xoxoxo | Heather
 

3 comments:

Raina Cox said...

Mr. Berkus is really bringing it. I just wish some of the items were scales a bit bigger.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

I guess I need to go to target....

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

This looks like such a fun trip! I can't wait to see how you use it all!