Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Maria Barros + The Pink Pagoda





















These absolutely fabulous photos are circulating on the blogosphere and pinterest.  I first spotted them on The Pink Pagoda and then the House of Turquoise.  The room is by designer Maria Barros.  Maria  is an interior designer from Portugal.  She believes her design is a reflection of her "HAPPY" self.  She uses bold color and patterns (hey, a woman after my own heart).  Her work is simply wonderful.  I can't get enough.  I must say that upon seeing these photos I felt instant love for Maria Barros.  Just everything about her style exudes my taste.  I love the mostly white palette that is accentuated by strong bursts of color.  Also, her use of geometric patterns and prints is amazing.  Lastly, her pops of orange and vivid bursts of color is out of this world.  Literally to die for! 
Here are more designs and feel free to check out Maria's own site here.   Check back tomorrow for another fascinating room by Maria (I just can't get enough)! 
(Thank you to The Pink Pagoda for introducing Maria Barros to me.  Maria has even used The Pink Pagoda's brilliant artwork in her designs.  (See the orange elephant in the vivid pink matted frame above?  Yup, that's Pink Pagoda's.  Check out more of The Pink Pagoda's art for sale here). 
 
(Thank you to DesignRulz for extra photos!)
PS--love what you see?  Here are more Maria Barros rooms over here
 

5 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Sill love it!

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

I just did a series of posts on a little lake cottage with the same idea of white with a splash of color.This is simply beautifu!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Hi Heather, thanks so much for the awesome mention!!
Where did you find these other photos of the room? They're fantastic!

Jessie said...

I have seen some of the pictures from The Pink Pagoda and The House of Turquoise. There are a few new ones I haven't seen before.

Thanks for sharing. I love her use of bold and fun colors. Her work is beautiful and fresh, very inspirational!

Have a good day!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

This is really a happy home with all that beautiful color! What style would you call this? Coastal, contemporary,
glam?
xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com