Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More of Maria Barros













Recall the breath-taking designs by Maria Barros yesterday.  I'm back today to share more.  There are just too many wonderful photos I had to share.  Loving the grey trellis wallpaper in the first photo.  And the continued use of the covering on the ceiling is brilliant (I'm all about treating the ceiling with love, more of that here).   Maria uses a lot of color with an unexpected mix of patterns (e.g., zebra with hexagons).  But I absolutely love it.  She finds the perfect balance and mix in her designs.  It's certainly not for everyone...but it's definitely right up my alley!  Also love the primary colors used in the second room.  The wallpaper's bold stripes, the crisp white sofa and dining table with pops of strong colors.  Love love love!!! 

(All photos here are courtesy of DesignRulz)

What are your thoughts about Maria Barros' style?  Could you see her design in YOUR home?  Or is it too much for you? 

Did you see the other post about Maria?  Look here. 



8 comments:

Barbara Matson said...

I love her bold use of patterns! And thanks for the follow. I am following back! I love your chevron sidebars BTW!

Jessie said...

I have seen these images a while ago but it's always fun to revisit her designs 'coz it's fabulous! The yellow geometric in the first image is absolutely stunning! Also loving the bold striped walls.

Like you said, her designs are bold and it is not for everyone but it's right up my alley. I love a visually stimulating room or else I will get bored in a minute!

Thanks for sharing, Heather and thanks for your lovely comments on my room earlier! :)

Have a good day!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

hiya! just followed ya back. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Nicole Scott said...

Hi Heather...some parts I LOVE others not so much but overall I think her spaces are designed beautifully and I do appreciate that she pushes a little that's when the magic happens.

LindsB said...

ahhh, all that color and pattern makes me giddy!!I LOVE it all!

StagerLinda said...

Oh, those are some gorgeous rooms! How I wished more folks (including moi) could imbrace color and pattern so freely.

SHERRY HART said...

Ohhhhh.....she is good....so very good!!!
Thanks for the candy!

Wendy said...

Fabulous rooms! I love when people do colour and do it well.