Monday, December 3, 2012

The Meaningful Tree

This is our 'Meaningful' Tree.  It's the one that resides in our family room and it has all of our special family ornaments it.  Any ornaments the kids have made or have picked out on our vacations are on this tree



I love these little antlers on the ottoman but they have always seemed a bit dull to me.  So this week, I decided to give them a little makeover.   I'll share the before and after with you  in a few posts! 

xoxo
Heather |  Vivid Hue Home

Other links to Vivid Hue Christmas:
Holiday Trees
Sunroom at Christmas
Meaningful tree in Living Room

Gift Wrapping Traditions
Christmas Antlers
Holiday Card Tree and Sunroom Photos
Christmas Table Decorations

 

8 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Will they be gold? Hmmmm

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

we have been decorating around here too......we have so many homemade ornaments....so much more meaningful and beautiful, in my opinion! Can't wait to see what you do to the antlers

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

Sounds lovely! Having ornaments with meanings behind them make it all the more special and is a wonderful holiday tradition to pass down to your children.

Rowena @ rolala loves

Liz said...

Until today, I had never heard the term "meaningful tree" and now I've heard about it twice! Sounds like a great reason to get another tree!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

We have a sentimental tree as well. Not the most glamorous but it's a feel good tree.

Smooch said...

I think gold, but hoping you will do something crazy like red laquered or glitter.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

I'm feeling some fabulous color...

How To Be A Heroine said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the antlers! I have some mounted antlers on their way that I found on Etsy - and they have some matte white paint in store for them. :) So excited!