Thursday, December 20, 2012

Remember those antlers?

  Well goodness gracious, where has this month gone?

I gave you a teaser at the beginning of the month about my antlers...and promised ya'll that I'd let you know how I zhushed them up by week's end...well the entire month has almost gone by and I still haven't updated you on these babies.  So here goes.  Most of y'all guessed right... 


I made these guys gold to match my bone inlaid tray with the gold handles.  (For now, they're serving as a prop on my holiday table-and I will report more on that later).  Here's a glimpse of what they were before. 



It was so easy to paint these antlers that I may have fun when them later and paint the tips another fun color just to mix it up.  Can always paint them back to gold later. 

Sorry I've been so radio silence this past week.  The family decided to take a mini vacation to Boston to see a holiday show for the kids, see the grandparents, finish some Xmas shopping (and squeeze in a Killers concert for EG and myself).  We NEVER get a family photo together but managed to get a few together this trip. 

 
(Vivi wasn't feelin it for the first photo, but don't let her fool you...she's a ham at heart.  She shows her true colors by the second photo.  And this is Jack's "dress up" outfit.  It's all we could do to get him out of athletic gear (sweats) and into jeans and a sweater). 


Hope you and your families are healthy and enjoying this holiday season together.  I know we've been giving lots and lots and lots of hugs and kisses in lights of recent events. 

Lots of hugs to you and yours.

xoxo
Heather
Vivid Hue Home

Other links to Vivid Hue Christmas:
Holiday Trees
Sunroom at Christmas
Meaningful tree in Living Room

Gift Wrapping Traditions
Christmas Antlers
Holiday Card Tree and Sunroom Photos
Christmas Table Decorations


7 comments:

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Have a Merry Christmas, Heather.
You have a lovely family.
Enjoy!!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

what a beautiful family!! Happy Holidays and the best to you all for 2013 :)....crazy how time flies right?

StagerLinda said...

Precious pictures-lovely family! Have a wonderful Christmas. I bet Christmas morning is a ball at your house with those two.

charmaine said...

Beautiful family! Merry Christmas Heather!

Karena said...

Heather I adore the antlers all gilded and the family photos are very special!

Love & Hugs
Karena
Art by Karena
$75 NOVICA Giveaway!

Lisa Mende said...

You are so adorable and your family is precious!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Sadie + Stella said...

Love your dress!! To the max! Where on earth is it from?