Monday, March 19, 2012

What kind of bird are YOU?

Oh Wes Anderson… I want to be your friend.

Lately the Moonrise Kingdom trailer  has been a favorite 'go to' whenever I have 2-3 minutes of down time –and I highly anticipate its release this May.


It's about a pair of lovers that flee their New England camp, which causes a local search party to fan out and find them.    Of course I fail to mention that these 'lovers' are about 12 years old.




Moonrise Kingdom appears to cover all of the ingredients that make me drool when I watch Wes Anderson movies.    I am sure that Moonrise Kingdom will no doubt deliver on these custom touches that speak to my heart ...

Uniquely wonderful, quirky and whimsical style –check





An oozy groovy cool playlist – check
Whet your appetite here






And of course a cast we have grown to love!

(Die hard Wes Anderson fans will know that Schwartzman and Murray are Anderson muses.  But we loved the looks of Norton and Willis in this film too!)


Anderson's characters have impeccable style. 


Remember Gwyneth Paltrow's Margot from Royal Tennenbaums?
She represented a perfect combo of preppy classics and hippy chic. Le sigh.      Margot wore an iconic lacoste dress with her full length fur. 



And let’s not forget the amazing Scalamadre's Zebra wallpaper





Here is a nice spin on a 'modern day' Margot




Here's how to get into character with your own Moonrise Kingdom inspired style...


Warby Parker Jasper Sunglasses $95, Hermes 1843 Satchel $309,  Jcrew Lemon Zest chino shorts $45, Keds for Madewell $50, Roseblossom Kerchief from Madewell $14, Campcraft Bracelet at Madewell $22, Best Made Anchor belt at Madewell $52




So, what kind of bird are YOU?   Watch Moonrise Kingdom to decide. 





***************
This guest post has been brought to you by Vivid Hue's sister, Brett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love wes anderson, too. can't wait to see this film. love your take on the moonrise kingdom style!

Alice Newton said...

I can't wait to see this! It's not in my area yet but counting the days! I hear it's gotten excellent reviews. happy mem weekend.