Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tag You're "IT"-Tastemaker Sales

There are so many specialty shops that have
cropped up online that offer seemingly great values on
high-end designer items for a limited time... 



 
One Kings Lane, Gilt, Joss & Main,
1stdibs.com, fab.com to name a few.  These sites
offer sample sale type offerings usually
for 24-48 hours of time.   They create a
sense of immediacy.  And obsessive urgency.  





Over time, I have developed 
a love/ hate relationship with these sales. 
(Check out my conflicted thoughts about OKL here). 


Sure, they're supposed to
offer 50-70% savings, but I know
that's not always the case.  I know because
I have tracked their offerings religiously. 
And sometimes I have found these
super sales are not that super


(One King's Lane-left; Restoration Hardware-right)


After a brief hiatus, I am reevaluating
the way these designer super sale
sites should be coveted.





I still love to peruse the sales, but
the hidden pearl is with
the Tastemaker Tag Sales
A tastemaker is a visionary (a person) that has the
ability to influence styles in decor. 


Sort of like, they say it's cool.  Then it is


This is where you'll find the
truly unique, vintage, one of a kind! 

Check out some of the Tastemaker finds below:




Love the kelly green lacquer
dresser and trellis chairs!



Danish Woven Rush Seat
$309 vs. $550  Fab.com
Jay Jeffers Murano Blue Glass
$449 vs. $1850 One Kings Lane
Celerie Kemble Lacquer Standing Cabinet
$3999 vs $6200 One King's Lane
yes, sometimes vintage, one of a kind means a higher price tag
Windsor Smith Tastemaker Tag Sale
Milo Baughman Dining Chairs
$412 vs $850 Fab.com
Tamara Kay-Honey
Of course, for those of you that
read my Massimo Vitali OKL post yesterday,
you know that I had mass hysteria over the OKL sale yesterday. 
This is what I used to experience on a
weekly basis.  Lately, not so much! 
I can only hope that I will be proven wrong with more exciting features like that one!







No comments: