Thursday, March 21, 2013

One Room Challenge Reveal

This is one of my favorite design events to follow online...The One Room Challenge. 
 

Linda from Calling It Home (formerly My Crafty Home Life) has created a semi-annual  event where 20 bloggers, made up of Professional Designers, Diy'ers, and Interior Design Bloggers, transform a room from start to finish.  The catch is, they only have 6 weeks in which to completely re-do their room.  Each week, they reveal their progress for the room and present the final reveal on the 6th and final week. 

SPOILER ALERT:  I'm here to share the fun stuff with you all at once!  The reveal has already occurred and you will be amazed at the transformations these talented women have managed to pull off. 

(Check out the reveals from last year here). 

I have selected only a few to share with you here.  Remember, there are TWENTY in total, and you can find them all at the bottom of this post. 


Calling It Home, Formerly My Crafty Home Life
 
Linda is the master mind behind this magnificent challenge.  She decided to make over her entry way for this year's challenge.  This woman never ceases to amaze me!  The TOP picture is her AFTER and the lower picture is her before.  Can you believe the mirror and dresser were both found on Craigslist?  Yes, Linda is the queen of the craigslist finds.    She has also graciously hosted me on her site before as a guest blogger about Nantucket
  
You've got to check out the full set of before and after photos for this One Room Challenge (ORC) here
 

 

 
 
The Little Black Door

Elizabeth from The Little Black Door redid her little girls' shared bedroom.  I am in love with the lacquer navy chest she did.  And the pink ceiling.  And the patterned lampshades.  And the pink and white bedding.  Heck, to be honest, I want to move myself right into this little room.  It's absolutely FABULOUS!  One of my FAVES! 

You've got to see this entire room, here

Check out my guest post over one Little Black Door here
 




 
Pawleys Island Posh

Julia from Pawleys Island Posh redecorated her bedroom.  This girl deserves serious props for doing this challenge because she is in the midst of looking for a new house and will not be living in this house for very long.  So wanted to create a cozy and peaceful master bedroom for her and her husband without investing a lot in the permanent aspects.  You will be amazed at how she transformed her room and accessorized this place!

Love her blog and her ability to accessorize her interiors.  You gotta check out her transformation here
 

 

The Peak of Tres Chic

Talk about "Now you see it, now you don't..."  (or the opposite of that), Sam from The Peak of Tres Chic took a completely bare space in her home and created an office space.  You will be amazed at the details she added along the way.  Check out detailed shots of her office space here





The Pink Pagoda

Jennifer from The Pink Pagoda is multi-talented!  Her goal was to add more warmth to her breakfast nook (which looked super cool to me already!).  If you're not familiar with Jennifer already, she is an uber talented artist and even creates her own artwork and fabric.  In fact, check out her prints as they appear in Maria Barros' interior here.  (They're in the background framed in orange).  Happy and fun and they are showing up in designer's homes everywhere!  (In fact, you'll notice that Linda from Calling it Home used her items in her entry way for this ORC, see here). 

Check out Jennifer's ORC before and after photos here
 


Nicole Scott Designs

I love this ORC reveal because it's so dramatic.  Nicole from Nicole Scott Designs did this space for a client on a budget of $2,000.  Great job!  Check out more photos and also the fun refurbishing of furniture they did here


before - after

038 - BRIGHTER

 
Cottage and Vine
 
Rene from Cottage and Vine transformed her son Tyler's room...love the mark-ups on the before photo.  The after results are so crisp and clean!  You'll love checking out the way Rene has accessorized the rest of the room!  I'm wondering how long Tyler is going to keep it this way.  Check out more photos here
 
 


Everything LEB

Lindsay from Everything LEB lives in a rental place so her redecorating could not be too permanent.  She decided to majorly organize her kitchen.  You'll be amazed at the transformation.  One of my favorite things is the yellow painted drawer in the kitchen (yes, it's the little things).  But, how fun!

Check out more here.



 
Below is a complete list of bloggers that participated in the One Room Challenge. 
 
Simple Details

A huge hat's off for all of the hard work these ladies have put in over the last 6 weeks.  It's been great fun to watch things unfold (without actually doing the work myself)!

xoxo Heather | Vivid Hue Home

8 comments:

Jessie said...

I had so much fun following these fabulous ladies for the past few weeks! Everyone did a great job!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Unknown said...

Heather,
Love seeing all of these fantastic rooms! I follow almost all of the ladies you featured here, so thanks for the overview all in one place, as well as the intro to a few blogs new to me. Such a fun project!
Whitley
www.thequeencitystyle.com

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Thanks for the shout out girlfriend!! :)

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing our ORC Heather!! We had lots of fun ... and lots of hard work that proved very worth it!! xo

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh wow, Heather, thank you so so much!!!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Heather this was so nice of you. I'm so happy you liked watching it. To this day, people love your Nantucket virtual room you did for me. Thanks!

Nicole Scott said...

Hi Heather, Linda's kept me so busy I haven't visited in awhile but I am so happy and surprised to see this when I am playing catch-up on my reading today! I love the ORC Too. Always so fun. Thanks for featuring my room and my super talented peeps! Happy Spring!

SHERRY HART said...

I love Linda...and working with her on the ORC is so fun. Every one did a fabulous job and even though it forces you to make decisions in a reasonable amount of time.....which I find hard to do....it is win...win!