Wednesday, August 1, 2012

One Room Challenge Reveal

Maybe it's my addictive tendency towards anything home decor-related but give me a good DIY show on HGTV or a fabulous Millionaire Decorators episode and I am glued.  So you can imagine my delight five weeks ago when I first stumbled upon the best DIY blogging sensation, The One Room Challenge.  I spotted this on The Pink Pagoda and from there, my Wednesdays for the next six weeks would never be the same. 


What in the heck is the One Room Challenge? 


The challenge is the master mind of brilliant DIY'er Linda from My Crafty Home Life.   She hand-picks 20 inspirational Home Design bloggers (some interior designers, some just terrific DIY'ers).  They are tasked with the job of redoing one room in their house over the course of a six week time frame.  Each Wednesday, each challenger will post their progress on the make over.  This all leads up to a big reveal on the sixth week. 

Here are the fantastic bloggers I have been following during this time period:



Ya'll, I have been glued to each of these blogs for the past weeks.  It's exciting to see the progress each week.  And, today (WEDNESDAY) is the big final reveal for these talented decorators.  Here's a snapshot of what a few of them have been busy working on.  Please click the links at the bottom of this post to check in on everyone...in most cases, they include links back to the earlier weeks so you can view progress! 

Courtesy of The Pink Pagoda




Courtesy of My Crafty Home Life

Courtesy of Lisa Mende Design

Be sure to check out all of the room reveals...they're sure to be breath-taking!  These ladies have worked super hard, around the clock and countless hours to make this come together.  You'll be amazed at how well these rooms have been able to come together in such a small window of time. 

Lauren - The Cottage Mix
Lindsay - Everything LEB
Barbara - Hodge:Podge
Tiffany - Living Savvy
Jessie - Mix And Chic
Danylle - Nana Moon
Jennifer - The Pink Pagoda
Emily - Rue de Emily
Lindsay - Sadie + Stella
Jessie- Mix and Chic

 Be warned, you'll have access to links that show you progress throughout the entire 6 weeks--all at your finger tips. That's like watching a MARATHON of DIY shows back to back. What more could you ask for!  Enjoy! 

13 comments:

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

Wow I will spend some time checking out all of this goodness and inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Kim said...

Thanks so much for following us Heather! It has been so much fun with the challenge, and truthfully, the connection with new design bloggers has been the best!!

Lisa Mende Design said...

Thank you for the shout out Heather!!! I love the way you collaged my pics! Have a great day! Thanks also for voting for me!!! :)

LindsB said...

So glad you liked following along with the challenge- it was a blast to do!!

Nicole Scott said...

Woot Woot Heather. Thanks for your enthusiastic comments! Ive been loving following your blog these past few weeks too!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Totally agree - so addicting!! I can't get enough of all the eye candy!

Unknown said...

Heather, Thank you so much for mentioning our ORC today! and for being a loyal follower and supporter! It was so much fun... IM ready to do another room, my house this time.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

thanks for the mention, and for following along, and your lovely encouraging comments!

Jessie said...

Thanks for the shoutout and mentioning me twice! lol. You are the best!

Oh, by the way, I just removed the old pictures of my master bedroom for the ORC and replaced them with new better pictures, taken by my hubby. My hubby said the old photos were too amateurish. I couldn't agree more! :)

Thanks for following along, Heather!

Jessie

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Heather, I am so glad you liked the challenge. This was so nice of you to give us a shout out.

The Pink Pagoda said...

Thanks so much for the ORC feature, Heather!! I'm going to miss Wednesdays, too!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to check them out. My arm could always be twisted to start on a little home project.
Love your blog, Heather!
Anonymous aka Momma

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

I was so addicted too! When is round 2 coming?? I am sure those lovely ladies would just love to start up another 6 week challenge for our entertainment :) Thanks for checking out my blog, I am glad I found yours as well!