Thursday, August 16, 2012

Homeward Bound

So, ya'll remember the crazy fiasco I had with my lil' mama not reading my blog? 
It's never fun 'schooling' your own mom in such a public forum but the girl needed a good butt kickin.  It started here on my Wayland Gregory post.  I inserted a secret code word that she was to tell me as proof that she had started to read Vivid Hue Home on a regular basis. 

Thankfully (for her) she got the code word correct.  Then the very next day, my post was titled "Kennebunk Bound."   And, what do ya know, on the phone with my mom that very day she asked me why my email had an "out of office" reply indicating I was out for a week.  "Whatcha up to?" she so innocently asked.  (Read how this went down here at the very bottom of the post). 

Busted, woman!

So, now, an introduction to this lil' mama of mine:


Introducing, my mama...and her sidekick, Dewey (aka, my Dad). 

Well, we'll see if she notices this public post about her.  I'm headed "home" to Northern Virginia today with the kiddos to visit my parents for the weekend.  My sister, Kurby, is coming up from Atlanta with her little guy, too.  We plan to relax at the pool, cookout smores on the firepit, shop as much as three kids under five will allow, and hit a kids movie. 

I presented a post every day of my last getaway (recall "the Kennebunkport series", links here if you missed it:  H.B. Provisions, White Barn Inn, Spaces | Kennebunkport, Earth at Hidden Pond,
The Tides Beach Club ).  

This time, I'm going to take some R&R.. And spend some time scolding my mama for not being a more consistent reader of this blog!  (haha, all in good fun).  But I'll be back next week!

In other news, I am going to be a guest blogger on two fabulous blogs coming up in the near future...so keep your eyes peeled for more information on that!

xoxox
Heather | Vivid Hue Home




And Don't Forget to Like Me on Pinterest!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Heather have a ball ... at least your mother understands what a blog is! Mine is fascinated, but not enough to sign up! My parents won't even get a computer!! Enjoy your time with your precious family! Callie and I LOVED Georgetown!! xo

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

Oh do I understand the feeling..I'm older than your mom. (can tell from her gorgeous picture...maybe I'd look like that again with Lifestyle Lift!). But, I have lifelong friends that have no idea what a blog is ..and worse..don't care! Then they want to know "What's New?"

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Your mom is a beautiful lady. I bet she will read your blog now! My mom doesn't know how to use the computer. Gotta do something about that.....

Reagan Geschardt said...

Your mom is beautiful! My mom just got an iPad but seriously can't o anything on it. Have fun with your parents:) mine are coming today from Florida!

The Pink Pagoda said...

I'm forwarding a link to this post to my mother. I send her links to my blog when I post something I know she'd want to see. She's been seeing the trip photos I've been sharing, but typically, blogs just aren't on her mind. The whole computer thing is something she does for the least amount of time possible. Have a fantastic time with your family!

Anonymous said...

This is hillarious!!! Maybe she doesnt know how to read...

Kelly said...

You are too funny! My mom says that she tries to read my blog, but she is a bit technologically challenged with her I-pad. She doesn't really even know how to use all of its features and she's had it about a year now. Ha! Your mom is so pretty! I love that you "busted" her. Have a fun weekend with your family. Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I am happily following you too.

Lil' Momma said...

Thanks for all the positive feedback. You can tell I'm used to a lot of verbal abuse from my two daughters. After all I sacrifice for them... Z

Lisa Mende said...

heather, my mom just started reading my blog after your bridge friend knew more about me than she did and reported to her on a regular basis. since my mom never calls me she had no idea what i was up to. it was really funny. she has figured out how to read the blog on her ipad, so now she tells me about my post like i don't write them. it is too funny. haha!!! your mom is adorable. at least she has good genes and you got them!