Tuesday, August 14, 2012

John Robshaw Lavender Love

Ya'll know I'm a huge fan of John Robshaw.  His style is so casually elegant.  So bohemian classy.  Here's more drool about John.  He's gotten serious kudos for his new textile line with Duralee and after spotting the designs, it's no wonder why.   (Check out more at Duralee). 
Courtesy of Emily Ruddo 
In the spring when John showcased his new spring collection at the Hollywood at Home party, of course, he chose an artistic way to show it off. 


Knowing he'd have to convey his entire collection on a way that visitors could take it all in with one glance, John decided to sew large horizontal panels of each fabric together in strips and adorn them as wallpaper on the showroom walls.  Here are the magnificent results .

I'm loving the lavender. . Loving the pattern.  Loving the creativity.  It's hard to believe that these textiles weren't meant to be hung together (as one) in the same room! 












{All photos courtesy of John Robshaw Textiles Blog}

I gave John some more lovin on my trip to Spaces | Kennebunkport.  They're huge Robshaw fans and their store is always stocked to the brim with his items.  Check them out if you're ever in Kennebunkport!


Heya, I'm on pinterest too.  Check me out here

11 comments:

Raina Cox said...

I'm crazy about him, too! I have his stuff all over my house.

I was lucky enough to meet him in NYC and he is so handsome.

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

@ Raina Cox: OH EMM GEE, I would die to meet him in person one day. Super handsome, super talented!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love his fabrics. So happy he teamed up with Duralee.

Karena said...

How very smart of John. I am picturing many combinations. Including the vivid greens as a contrast really pops.

PS Heather, I have signed up for you posts via email that way I won't miss out!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series featuring Harrison Howard

The Governor's Daughter said...

I am thinking of doing my new laundry room/powder room, aka my "one day" project, in some version of purple, plum, lavender. These purple textiles are wonderful!

Unknown said...

Love Robeshaw and his patterns! Look at that green chair with the purple paper...wow
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm all over the purples right now so I love this fabric selection.

Lindsay said...

I can't believe I was in Kennebunkport this summer and missed out on Spaces! I would have died and gone to John Robshaw heaven!

traci zeller designs said...

I really love the new John Robshaw for Duralee fabrics, but I hadn't seen the lavender bedroom before ... and it is beyond fabulous! Thanks for showing it to us!

A Perfect Gray said...

so great to meet you, heather. that robshaw room is something wonderful. first time I've seen those pics, I think, and I love them. donna

StagerLinda said...

I'm loving John's blues...