Friday, August 3, 2012

Kennebunk Bound


Today, we are headed to our annual Kennebunkport beach trip.  We started this tradition years ago when the kids were just tots...

Vivster at age 1

Some years we've gone with friends and family and other years, it's just our own little family of four.  Each year we make great memories that keep us returning another year for more.   It's not uncommon for the kids to run right down to the beach when we first arrive.  In their excitement, they start out by testing their toes in the water.  This ends up with their entire bodies splashed with waves--clothes and all. 



We're always sure to relax during this week.  We're usually there in August and the days are hot but the nights are cool.  It's the perfect combination for the weather.  We make no schedule for ourselves and spend some days playing at the beach and others times shopping through the town. 


One of our favorite things to do in the morning is to get out on the beach to look for shells and spot all of the dogs going for a walk with their owners (all dogs must clear out by a certain time so they get their walks in early).  One year, I captured a few silhouette photos in the early morning sun with my new camera.  I love this one.  Jack is letting Vivi play with his toy light saber...which is a miracle in and of itself.  But, of course, I also love the display of sibling love!



Most hear "Kennebunk" and can't help but think of the Bush's.  They've had a home compound here for years and sometimes we even spot them around the town.  One year I saw Barbara out for a morning walk on the beach.  I tried not to act too much like the paparazzi and pretended to be capturing the waves behind her.  Ha, I'm sure she knew darned well what I was up to! 


I'm excited for our return this year.  I'm going to attempt to make a few posts during this vacation week.  But as I was frantically trying to think of topics to write in advance so I could fill the queue for next week, I decided not to randomly create posts just to create them.  Quality over Quantity people

Plus, if my own mama isn't even reading my blog...who the heck else is??? (Still waiting on that code word, remember here?) 

xoxoxo  Heather | Vivid Hue Home

Check out some of the Kennebunkport Spaces and Places:

H.B. Provisions

White Barn Inn

Spaces | Kennebunkport

Earth at Hidden Pond

The Tides Beach Club






And Don't Forget to Like Me on Pinterest!


9 comments:

Reagan Geschardt said...

I'm reading:) have a great trip!! Sounds so fun....xo

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

Thanks Reagan! And thanks for reading! haha. btw, how's the site going?

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are getting ready for another great week this year. Wish we were there. Post pictures.

-Kurby

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Have the best time -I was there many years ago and loved it. Just beautiful. And great pics btw. I'll pulling for your mom - she's gotta read sometime soon!! :)

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

That is one of my dream places to visit. We have been to the east coast several times but just not that far north. Have a great trip.

Stacey DeRoche said...

I'm reading too! Kennebunk sounds FAB, cant wait for pictures!! xoxo

Kim said...

Oh you are in one of my favorite places! The charm, the beautiful scenery ... even the touristy stuff ... I love it all there!! Have a wonderful time! xo

Nicole Scott said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I am going to have to get on the ball and make this *&%%%%% blog a daily priority. I do love it so much and enjoy all the pictures of the kids and that cute sense of humor of yours. We stayed at the Colony Hotel, the first picture when we were there. Hope ya'll are having a wonderful week.
Love you,
Momma